Friday, 20 April
PLEASE CALL TO ENQUIRE – ONLY TAKING CONTESTANTS VIA PHONE BOOKINGS NOW!
Think you’ve got a big appetite? Why not put it to the test and enter our American Night Hot Dog Eating Contest on Friday 20th April in the Rutherford Room at 7.20pm!
Hot Dog eating contests are hugely popular in the USA, with the current champion having put away 72 Hot Dogs in 10 minutes last year. We wanted to bring some of the fun to you by holding our very own!
We have two divisions to enter – Professional & Amateur:
• Enter the amateur league if you’ve never tried anything like this before, and want to have a go, have a laugh and see how you match up against a panel of professional eaters without directly competing.
• OR if you’re already a bit of an expert in competitive eating, go head to head with our professional contestants including NZ’s own Nela Zisser!
Cash Prizes up for grabs:
• Be in to win $300.00 cash for 1st place in our Amateur League, or $100.00 in vouchers for 2nd place!
• Snap up a cool $500.00 cash for 1st place in our Professional League, or $300.00 in vouchers for 2nd place!
• All entrants will receive a $20.00 voucher for The Alex Bar & Eatery for taking part.
What you need to know before you sign up:
• You must be 18 years old or over to participate
• A $20.00 refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot in the competition
• After you register, you will be sent a waiver to read and sign – this must be returned to us in order to participate.
• The competition will be filmed and may be used for future promotional material.
• For peace of mind, St John medical staff will be on hand throughout the event.
How to enter:
• To register, purchase your ticket right here for $20.00. (this will be refunded to you on the night)
• After you register, an information pack will be emailed to you – this will include the waiver you are required to sign and return to us before the competition.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call on 09 631 1165.
A fantastic night at the trots. Choose from a race night buffet or À la carte. Cold beer and a great selection of wines + TAB and a gaming room.
Be close to the action while enjoying a fantastic meal - order from the bistro, and enjoy a buffet of freshly made salads & sides.
If you are a beginner to the racing industry or simply want a recap of how betting works please follow our simple guide. Don't fret if it all doesn't make sense as we have friendly tote (The place you bet at) staff who will be able to help you on the day