Alexandra Park presents two new Winter Racing Series for horses both from the South and those that are here already in the North.
- The stake for the Final will be $30,000.
- For 3yo and Older Pacers who are rated as (MR) Non-Winners for Handicapping Purposes after the completion of racing on 31 March 2021. To be eligible to compete in the futurity series a horse must have had a minimum of two official race starts in the South Island up to and including 30th April 2021 and for whom the appropriate enrolment fee for this race ($200) was paid by the 3rd May 2021.
- A horse must compete in three official races run by the Auckland TC at Alexandra Park from 7 May 2021 and up to and including 16 July 2021 to be eligible to compete in the Futurity Final on 30 July. These three races include any MR (Non-Winner) or R (Race-Winner) races.
- The race dates of these meetings are 7, 13, 21 & 28 May, 4 & 18 June and 2, 16 & 30 July. The minimum stake for a MR race at Alexandra Park is $12,000.00.
- Points for places in the final can only be accumulated at Auckland Trotting Club meetings and will be awarded as follows: 5 points for 1st placing, 3 points for a 2nd placing and 1 point for a 3rd placing.
- If at acceptance time for the final a tie for points exists, a count back system will be used to determine preference based on which horse has started the most at ATC meetings between 7 May 2021 and 16 July 2021. If a tie still exists, club discretion will apply.
- Any horse eliminated or balloted out of a race or accepted into a race that is abandoned will be accorded a recorded start towards satisfying the eligibility clause above.
- The Final will be run on 30 July 2021 and will be a 2200m Mobile with a Preferential Draw Based on Winning Stakes using the track grid. The field will be limited to 13 starters with no emergencies.
- Any horse selected to start in the Futurity Final on 30 July 2021 will be ineligible to start in any other race on that programme.
- In the event of insufficient entries as at the 3rd May 2021 the club reserves the right to combine both the North Island and South Island series.
- No late nomination provision applies.
- A horse may only nominate for one of these futurity races.
- The club reserves the right to alter either of the above series conditions should it be deemed necessary.
For further details contact ATC Racing Director Karen Blanchard – email@example.com or 0278083150