Auckland meeting moved to Cambridge

The Auckland Trotting Club meeting scheduled for next week has been moved to Cambridge.

HRNZ has decided the Club will still run the meeting on Thursday (Sept 16), with its usual stakes, but it will not be at Alexandra Park.

With Auckland at Alert Level Four and the rest of the country at Alert Level 2 HRNZ says it had no option but to move the meeting.

“We don’t know what’s going to happen in Auckland and with the Government not giving an update until next week we have to make a call on it,” says HRNZ General Manager – Racing, Catherine McDonald, “there was just too much uncertainty, and we need to provide participants some surety about the meeting in a timely manner.”

“We understand the Auckland Trotting Club will be disappointed but at least this way the club can still run a meeting, the alternative is not good.”

Cambridge doesn’t have a meeting scheduled for next week so the swap can be done with a minimum of disruption.

“Some more meetings may be re-scheduled and we are trying to get the best result for everyone,” says McDonald, “we will update everyone as soon as we can.”

Join us for the trots at Auckland’s home of Harness Racing. View Calendar
Send an Enquiry
Book now
Please complete the form below to make your booking - we'll be in touch soon.