Alexandra Park is seeking a Permanent Full-time Head Chef to manage our small team in the Alex Bar & Eatery.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to manage and run a kitchen with the advantage of full support from the Executive Chef.
In order to be considered for this role applicants must have:
- Ability to maintain a New Zealand Food Control Plan
- Have a strong focus on hygiene and cleanliness
- Self- motivated with a passion for food
- High standards with a broad knowledge of multiple cuisines
- Baking skills for café cabinet products or proven experience in a similar role
- Trouble shooting skills
- A flexible and adaptable work approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to mentor, coach and inspire our small team of chefs
- English as a first language with good communication skills both oral and written
- Intermediate computer skills
- Professional attitude and appearance with a sound work ethic
- Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand
Responsibilities will include:
- Full management of a small kitchen team in conjunction with the Executive Chef
- Prepare, cook and serve food ensuring a high level of quality & presentation is always achieved
- Maintain compliance with all food, health & safety regulations
- Rostering in line with budgeted targets
- Procurement and purchasing experience
- Menu and recipe costing ability
- Standardising recipes and menu writing in conjunction with the Executive Chef
- Leading, inspiring and coaching the team, setting the standard by example and documented procedures
- Cultivate a positive work environment with learning and personal development
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone who aspires to attain the next level in their career and has the necessary skills and food knowledge required.
So if you are motivated and looking for a challenge with the ability to cope under pressure this could be the opportunity for you.